At LatAm INVESTOR, we promise to safely process and store any personal data you share with us or that we receive indirectly as described below.
‘Personal data’ means information relating to you from which you can be identified such as name and contact details, biographical or professional information, areas of interest or anything revealing something about you personally that we may hold on file or on computer.
We strive to ensure that we are clear about how we will use the personal data we collect. We collect and process your personal data in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may directly collect personal data from you through one or more of the following:
- By you registering for one of our events
- By you emailing or calling us with an enquiry
- By you entering your details through our website
- When your business card has been given to or exchanged with one of our staff
2. Data we process
- We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
- Your contact information includes information such as billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
- Technical data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Your profile includes information such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
We may aggregate anonymous data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Anonymous data is data that does not identify you as an individual. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal information in law because it does not reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate profile data to assess interest in a product or service.
4. How will we use your data?
We may use your data:
- To provide you with the services or information that you have requested from us
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
- To manage and administer our legitimate activities as a magazine
- To deal with your requests or enquiries
- To provide you with information about us, our services and our clients
- To keep a record of any communication from you or agreements with you that we hold
- To inform you about upcoming and relevant events
5. How we keep your data safe and who has access to your information
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details from being accessed or used on an unauthorised basis or to protect them from accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff.
7. Keeping your information up to date
If we get in touch with you for any of the reasons above, we will give you the opportunity to correct and update your information. You can also contact us on email@example.com at any time to let us know when your information needs correcting or updating.
8. How long do we keep your information for?
The period for which we keep your personal data usually depends on the purpose(s) for which your information was collected.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary for that/those purpose(s) or unless we need to keep data for a longer period to comply with any legal requirements.
9. Your data rights
Under data protection law, you have a legal right to request information about the personal data that we hold about you, what we use that personal data for and who it may be disclosed to, as well as certain other information (called a “subject access request“). Usually we will have one month to respond to such a subject access request, although in the case of complex requests, we may require a further two months to respond. We may also charge for administrative time in dealing with any manifestly unreasonable or excessive requests for access. We may also ask for further information to locate the specific information you seek before we can respond in full and may apply certain legal exemptions to some of the information we disclose when responding to a subject access request.
10. Contact or Complaints
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or if you have any concerns about how we use your personal data, please contact us via telephone on 0207 097 5121 or by e-mail at: moc.r1539787795otsev1539787795ni-ma1539787795tal@s1539787795ecivr1539787795esrem1539787795otsuc1539787795 You can also contact us by post at: LatAm INVESTOR, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, EC1V 2NX.
If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response, or believe that we are illegally processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – see: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.